Are you looking to maximize the space in your home, increase energy efficiency, and build the space you’ve always dreamed of? Finishing your basement can be the perfect way to breathe new life into your house and give your family extra space to enjoy. From building the perfect mancave to creating the perfect home office or theatre, there’s no shortage of options available! At Peak Improvements, we’re proud to work with homeowners in the Edmonton Region to create their dream space. Learn more about one of our basement renovations, including project highlights and more below!
Custom Designed For Your Perfect Fit
One of our recent renovations involved finishing the basement of a newly constructed “skinny” home located in downtown Edmonton. Our clients are a family of four, including two teenage boys. The goal of the project was twofold: completing the previously unfinished space, as well as creating a functional space for the entire family to enjoy (especially the two teens in particular). With 930 sq ft to work with, our team of designers and builders partnered closely with the family to create a layout that met the needs of everyone, while also providing stylish solutions. The space was divided into:
- An office nook
- Half Bathroom
- A large family room with a theatre system, as well as allocated space for exercise equipment.
This design allows the family to maximize their space, as well as get as much enjoyment out of their home as possible. Spotlight elements to this renovation included:
- The subfloor of the basement was built with an insulated subfloor panel that provides a thermal barrier and increases comfort.
- Sound proofing and solid core doors were used to deaden the sound transfer between floors.
- A custom glass railing was built to match the railings throughout the rest of the home.
- The half bath features back quartz countertops, with all fixtures matching the bathrooms upstairs.
- As the basement was built below the city’s waste water drain line, a pump station was installed to handle the homes waste water. Additional measures were taken to deaden the sound of the pump and flow of waste water as it exited the building.
Overall, the duration of the project took six weeks and left our customers happy with the end results of their renovation. We are pleased to have completed everything on time and on budget thanks to our no surprise, guaranteed price contract, and to have another happy family enjoying their space!
Are you looking to create the home of your dreams? Contact our team today to learn how Peak Improvements can help!